Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oil on tin painting: civil war soldier and wife? help me figure out?

I found this at a yard sale and bought it, but don't know if it is worth a penny or not. it is a painting on tin metal? and about 6x9';, the man and woman sitting next to each other and the man looks to be in uniform, and the woman is in a lacy, heavy dress, looks victorian maybe. I can't find any kind of signature anywhere. can I dtermine age by figuring out the uniform? it is obviously really old, not reproduction.Oil on tin painting: civil war soldier and wife? help me figure out?
Reproductions can easily be faked. You'll need to show it to an expert to get a good idea of it's value. Maybe start by checking with your local public library, they should have books (remember those?) on art and collectibles...

No comments:

Post a Comment