Saturday, February 27, 2010

Need help with sketches and oil painting.?

I've transferred my sketch to my canvas, but now I'm kind of stuck. I tried to paint over a sketch on another canvas and I lost all my detail. Is there any way I can paint over my sketch and still have it show through? I've heard watered-down, thinned acrylic works, and so does applying a thin layer of gesso, even using permanent marker or ink. Will any of these options work, and/or there any other options?Need help with sketches and oil painting.?
I know exactly what you mean. When i first started i had the same problem. I now apply a thin wash of acrylic over my sketch as well as do some acrylic underpainting. Depending on how thick you apply your paint i suppose a sharpee marker could be used (i wouldn't go this far) but it will show through if paint is applied too thinly and some paints will not cover it at all. Gesso will surely cover your sketch and make it hard to see.Need help with sketches and oil painting.?
What pencil did you use??? Try using a 6B or higher pencil lead. That should show through....try it out on a different sheet of paper first....Or you could just paint kind of free handed...i don't think your gonna want to see the pencil lead in the end, but its your painting...





Hope everything works out for you.
  • skin itching
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment